MOOT COURT COMPETITION
Concept note presented by Victory Attorneys & Consultants
This is Moot Court Competition organized by Victory Attorneys & Consultants, it substantially aims at bringing together law students from various Higher Learning Institutions within Tanzania, to argue for or against various contemporary unsettling legal issues.
The competition aims at connecting people in the legal arena, stakeholders and the individuals in the authoritative sectors to deliberate upon the moot court proceedings and to make positive viable contributions as possible solutions to the legal problem which is the subject of the moot court competition.
The firm has drawn inspiration from other countries such as the United States of America, where law firms are exceptionally instrumental in founding, structuring and sponsoring local and international moot court competitions, with the aim of nurturing the industriousness of young minds and providing mentorship to law students. This being an implementation of a long-term plan in the course of engineering a better legal regime.
A moot court is a legal competition which in itself is a technique of imparting legal knowledge and legal skills that necessitates participants (who are mostly law students) to scrutinize/analyze and argue both sides of a hypothetical legal issue using legal authorities and procedures modeled after the particular legal issue, dependent of the jurisdiction under which the legal issue is fashioned.
These are the factors that have pushed our firm to birth the idea of initiating the competition; these owe their genesis from the judgment of the state of legal affairs in Tanzania and in other jurisdictions and the contemporary global trends on legal reformations and investment.
- The major push which has incited Victory Attorneys & Consultants to initiate this national wide competition is the current state of ignorance and inexperience of most students and lawyers on the overall current state of the mining industry and practice in Tanzania.
- Another push factor is the lack of enthusiasm from other institutions in engaging themselves in this undertaking; this is essentially the firm’s give back to the community, we believe that through this competition, the firm shall fulfil its duty to the society and the country at large; presently and for the future.
- Finally, the nature of the contemporary legal regime, its uncertainties and complexities acting as encumbrances in various sectors of development; the deficiency in the zeal amongst the upcoming lawyers, those already in practice and those in various influential sectors on acting for and/or against virtues and vices present in the legal reforms.
These are the goals which the firm aims to attain through conducting the national moot court competition.
- To impart and enhance legal analysis skills amongst the participants; the larger purpose is to teach students the practical side of practicing law; this is through providing the participants with a detailed hypothetical fact scenario that raises more legal issues.
- To vest students with the spirit of overcoming and arguing for or against laws, legal practice through the use of statutes, regulations, cases and legal practice of Tanzania and from other persuasive jurisdictions that support their arguments.
- To confer onto the minds of the students the soft skills of persuasiveness both orally and in writing; this will later assist them to argue for or against or advocate for the change in the laws in the course of establishing a more sounding legal regime.
- To implant the spirit of enthusiasm amongst the participants and the audience to sympathize and take cognizance of the resultant effects of having an unstable legal regime, and cultivating in them the vigor needed to effect changes.
The Victory Attorneys National Moot Court Competition shall be momentous in effecting new thinking and creativeness amongst law students, lawyers and the people in the authoritative sectors; in the course of getting rid of the impetuous rigidity present in the law, through deliberating upon the possible solutions that will save the country from falling into the abyss of self-destruction.
This may in turn perpetuate the creation of a conducive environment and certainty in the law, in order to foster smooth operation of various entities engaged in philanthropy, investment and other activities.
AGRIBUSINESS & FOOD
ARBITRATION & LITIGATION
BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES
CAPITAL MARKETS & SECURITIES
COMPLIANCE & INVESTIGATIONS
CONSTRUCTION & PROCUREMENT
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, RESTRUCTURING & INSOLVENCY
ECONOMIC AND ORGANIZED CRIMES LITIGATION/ PLEA BARGAINING
EMPLOYMENT & COMPENSATION
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
INSURANCE COVERAGE & RECOVERY
INTERNATIONAL TRADE & FINANCE
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
OIL & GAS
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & FINANCE
CUSTOMER GOODS FOOD & RETAIL
ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES
HOTELS & LEISURE
TELECOMMUNICATIONS, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY
MOOT COURT COMPETITION
RESTORING OF BAHARI BEACH HOTEL
We have managed to advice and work with the government of Libya through its investment company LAICO in restoring its property in Tanzania the Bahari Beach Hotel Limited.
HANDLING CLIENTS ON USAID PROJECTS AND EU FUNDS
We have managed to advise over 20 International and Local NGOs and other not-for-profit entities on legal and regulatory compliance, most especially in the advent of legal 2019 amendments. Our firm boasts experience in handling clients on USAID projects and EU funds.
SECURED THE BEST PLEAS DEALS WITH THE DIRECTOR FOR PUBLIC PROSECUTION (DPP)
We have secured the best pleas deals/plea agreement with the office of the Director for Public Prosecution (DPP) for clients in the Banking & Finance, Telecoms and Wildlife, Tourism and Leisure industries.
HANDLING LIQUIDATION FOR THE FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY
We have created a precedent on Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency through handling liquidation for the first insurance company undergoing voluntary winding up.