Victory Attorneys & Consultants is a contemporary legal practice providing a wide array of services over multi-jurisdictional areas of practice.
Being a sophisticated purely local law firm with a spectrum of practice areas, the firm complements the Tanzanian local content requirement. Victory Attorneys & Consultants offers uncompromised quality services in representing, advising and assisting clients in a number of cross-cutting complex deals.
Our team is renowned for unsurpassed deal closings in corporate and commercial transactions and in plea bargaining arrangements on Economic and Organized Crimes in Tanzania, rendering the firm better placed in providing legal assistance and consultancy to individuals, corporate bodies and the government.
The firm largely encompasses experienced young minds and senior lawyers bringing in new thinking on various sectors ranging from Oil & Gas, Technology, Media &Telecommunications, Energy, Mining & Infrastructure, Wildlife, Tourism & Leisure and Non-For-Profits.
Our firm has been founded on a high-performing ideal centred on a genuine dedication to serving clients with a high degree of respect and regard for their needs. Clients always complement us on our distinguished performance culture that sets us apart and enables us to achieve the best outcomes.
We are principally guided by a strong team-centred work ethic that establishes a feasible network within our firm’s departments in turn fostering our determination to provide uncompromising quality services.
We are inclined to attend to our clients’ needs with an indulgent attitude facilitating our anticipation and understanding of clients’ needs in providing proactive advice.
Our clients rely on our legal expertise through the timely manner in which we offer full-service support to their professional and personal legal needs.
Our team is uniquely placed with lawyers having different backgrounds, outlooks and talents creating dynamics which complement the firm’s interaction with clients. With lawyers from diverse professional backgrounds the firm swiftly handles international and local practice in many practice areas under several sectors in Tanzania (Mainland) and Zanzibar.
The firm encompasses lawyers and advocates with various competences including university lecturers, retired high rank government officials with years of experience the public sector, trained arbitrators, mediators & negotiators, certified securities legal advisors and experts in mining and oil & gas operations, this is turn facilitates and complements the firm’s practice.
Our firm has been working with various firms in France, Dubai, USA and Mauritius in facilitating various inter-jurisdictional corporate and commercial ventures on behalf of clients.
- We constantly play a substantial role in influencing certainty in the procedural rules governing registration of companies, NGOs, Trusts and Societies in the country.
- We have greatly influenced plea bargaining proceedings in the country through publications and greatly assisting clients in attaining the best plea deals
- Victory Attorneys & Consultants has managed to advice and work with the government of Libya through its investment company LAICO in restoring its property in Tanzania the Bahari Beach Hotel Limited.
- We have managed to advice over 20 International and Local NGOs and other not-for profit entities on legal and regulatory compliance, most especially in the advent of legal 2019 amendments. Our firm boasts experience in handling clients on USAID projects and EU funds.
- Our firm is prominent in assisting clients to procure derivative rights, concessionary rights, land use change, and other fiscal and non-fiscal incentives for many investors in the Wildlife, Tourism & Leisure and Agriculture industries with the Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC) and Export Processing Zones Authority and the Ministry of Land.
- We have managed to advise several capital-intensive investors and operators on Merger and Acquisition (M&A) undertakings and in the Wildlife, Tourism & Leisure Telecoms, Mining, Banking and Finance industries.
- Victory Attorneys & Consultants has created a precedent on Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency through handling liquidation for the first insurance company undergoing voluntary winding up.
- We have emerged as victors in notable Commercial Court cases whose verdicts have in turn set precedents in Tanzania on areas revolving around corporate law, labour law and general commerce.
- We have secured the best pleas deals/plea agreement with the office of the Director for Public Prosecution (DPP) for clients in the Banking & Finance, Telecoms and Wildlife, Tourism and Leisure industries.
- We have advised and retained leading ICT companies on many legal issues including ICT business regulation, legal compliance and general corporate compliance.
We are constantly moved to give back to the community through offering legal assistance and representation to vulnerable and marginalized groups (mostly women and children) and non-profit organizations in land related claims, employment and compensation claims.
AGRIBUSINESS & FOOD
ARBITRATION & LITIGATION
BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES
CAPITAL MARKETS & SECURITIES
COMPLIANCE & INVESTIGATIONS
CONSTRUCTION & PROCUREMENT
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, RESTRUCTURING & INSOLVENCY
ECONOMIC AND ORGANIZED CRIMES LITIGATION/ PLEA BARGAINING
EMPLOYMENT & COMPENSATION
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
INSURANCE COVERAGE & RECOVERY
INTERNATIONAL TRADE & FINANCE
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
OIL & GAS
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & FINANCE
CUSTOMER GOODS FOOD & RETAIL
ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES
HOTELS & LEISURE
TELECOMMUNICATIONS, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY
MOOT COURT COMPETITION
RESTORING OF BAHARI BEACH HOTEL
We have managed to advice and work with the government of Libya through its investment company LAICO in restoring its property in Tanzania the Bahari Beach Hotel Limited.
HANDLING CLIENTS ON USAID PROJECTS AND EU FUNDS
We have managed to advise over 20 International and Local NGOs and other not-for-profit entities on legal and regulatory compliance, most especially in the advent of legal 2019 amendments. Our firm boasts experience in handling clients on USAID projects and EU funds.
SECURED THE BEST PLEAS DEALS WITH THE DIRECTOR FOR PUBLIC PROSECUTION (DPP)
We have secured the best pleas deals/plea agreement with the office of the Director for Public Prosecution (DPP) for clients in the Banking & Finance, Telecoms and Wildlife, Tourism and Leisure industries.
HANDLING LIQUIDATION FOR THE FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY
We have created a precedent on Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency through handling liquidation for the first insurance company undergoing voluntary winding up.